The mission of Ed Crawford Ministries is to spread the name of Jesus through evangelism and song. It is our goal to bring salvation to the sinner, comfort the lonely, and uplift the downtrodden. We want to show the world His name says it all.
With soon to be 40 years of full time gospel ministry, Ed Crawford will add his newest and perhaps best solo titles “Talkin’ to Him”, “River of Life”, and” Miracle of Choices” to the list of over 50 recording projects to which he has already been involved. Fondly referred to as the Gentleman of Gospel music. He is known for his role of reorganizing the Singing Americans and for his position as baritone singer for the Kingsmen Quartet for 10 years. Founding Ed Crawford Ministries in 1990 he has spent the next 12 years ministering as a solo evangelist in churches throughout the nation. His most recent affiliation was to the Mystery Men Quartet- a group he started in 2002. After nearly 10 years of group ministry, Ed is ministering once again in the vein of full time solo evangelism, where he is bringing the solo gospel artistry to the people through Word and song.
Ed Crawford’s baritone vocals has been heard in performances throughout the US and abroad including the Bahamas, Virgin Islands and Mexico. He has performed on the stages of the Grand Ole Opry, The National Quartet convention and the opening of the Words Fair with then President Ronald Reagan. Ed has performed for television audiences of Great American Gospel, TBN, PTL, Crook and Chase, The Ralph Emery Show, Gospel Country and the Music City Showcase. He has also performed at all of the major gospel music events.
Ed has collaborated with such notable world evangelists as Bill Stafford of Chattanooga TN, Bill Sturm of Tulsa Ok, Greg Casto of Cleveland TN and Sonny Holland of Clinton LA. Other denominational leaders with whom he has ministered include Dr. Lawrence Rhoades of West Union OH, Dr. John Phillips of West Chester Scotland, Dr. Jerry Spencer of Dothan AL, former ambassador Bill Riddick, all of whom Ed considers his mentors and models for his personal life and ministry.
When considering Ed Crawford’s talent and lifelong devotion to the music industry and to furthering the gospel through Word and song, it should come as no surprise that he has received numerous forms of recognition..As a founding and charter member of the United States Association of Gospel Entertainers and Musicians (USAGEM) . He is the recipient of the prestigious diamond award for lifetime accomplishment. He was voted male vocalist of the year. In addition, Ed was nominated the GMA Male vocalist of the year and was subsequently received 8 consecutive nominations as the Singing News Baritone of the year. Aside from recognition of his vocal abilities Ed has also been bestowed what he considers perhaps the highest honor of having been named “Gentleman of Gospel Music”, a title that has followed him now for over 30 years. Recently Ed was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Additional forms of recognition to be found under the credits below.
Singer, Songwriter, Arranger, Producer, Vocal Instructor, Ordained Minister, Columnist, Evangelist, and Author
– Inducted into George Gospel Hall of Fame 2015
– Inducted into Country Bluegrass Hall of Fame 2015
– Sung 10 years with The Kingsmen
– Voted Male Vocalist of the Year by USAGEM
– Nominated Baritone of the Year
– Kentucky Colonel
– Honorary Alabama Colonel
– Letter of Recommendation from former Governor Gaston Caperton of West Virginia
– Honorary Citizen of Louisville, Kentucky
– Public Friend #1 in West Virginia
– Recipient of the key to the city of Dyersburg, Tennessee
– Ministerial Ordination
– Baritone singer for the Kingsmen Quartet
– Performed at the opening of the World’s Fair for President Ronald Reagan
– Performed at the Grand Ole Opry
– TV performances include TBN, PTL, Crook and Chase, Ralph Emery Show, Gospel Country, Music City Showcase
– Voted President of USAGEM (United States Association of Gospel Entertainers and Musicians)
– Received the prestigious Diamond Award from USAGEM
– Founding and Charter Member of USAGEM
– Named Gentle Giant of Gospel Music
– Selected Gentleman of Gospel Music
– 20 years in Solo Evangelistic work
– Founded the Ministry of The Mystery Men Quartet
– Performed with Ronnie Milsap
– Sang backup vocals for Stella Parton
– Produced and/or recorded 75 projects